Friday, August 21, 2009

Hello Everycat

It's been a while since I updated my blog. Things got very rough and there wasn't many happy things to blog about, so I put it on hold.
Things actually got worse before they (hopefully) get better.
In a nutshell, my mom lost her job for the new year, found one, lost it and now has another. She's used to staying in a job for a long time so this has been hard.
About six weeks before she lost the second job, her mommy (my human grandma) passed away. And on the fourth of this month my brofur, Patrick passed from CRF at 13.5.

Mom's in debt now (and I hear a lot of mommies and daddies are) and her new job pays really low, but at least she found a new job, right?
It pays for the catfood and mom was also able to buy a couple gallons of paint on sale to spruce up the place so we won't be so sad.

Something new.
A small step to inspiration.
A new start and maybe something fun.

Patrick actually picked out the paint for the kitchen himself. Mom had a bunch of chips and couldn't decide what color so he went over and chose a chip and just kept rubbing and loving on that one chip.
So Frosted Green Grape it is! An almost white green. Mommy painted the kitchen real fast so Patrick could see his color. He liked it a lot. (He passed away two days later.)
I'm blind, but I know it must be nice cause my brofur picked it out.
And I know it will go with our retro look.

Mom says we live in a "Mid-Century Modern Ranch" but it's not upscale enough to be an "Atomic Ranch". I think it was built when there were dinosaurs.
I don't think we got any chickens or cows or horses on our ranch. (What kinda ranch is this supposed to be?)

TTYL

~Meows

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Hi Christopher! I'm sorry you have been having some troubles. I know what it's like because my Daddeh was just laid off from his job of 25 years. It's very scairty! I hope things start looking up soon!

Rosie & Cheeto said...

It's tuff when peepuls lose jobs. Owr lady was laid off of hur job and it was tuff. She said having us arownd made evarything feel manageabul.

Wu're so sorry to hear abowt yer gramma and brothur. Hope yoo gave lotsa cudduls to yer lady. Cuddulpiles make life better.

Unknown said...

We was really sorry and sorry to read about you's brofur. It's always so sads when we lose someone we love.

Our momma says that we live in an Edwardian house. We think those are the ones that came just after the Victorian ones. Looks like back in the stone-age they names houses after peoples.

jmuhj said...

AWWWWW, Christopher, we are so sorry to hear of your furmily's losses of your loved ones. And we offer our deepest condolences and sympathy to you all. That by itself is hard enough, not to mention the economy, losing jobs, debts, and stuff like that that nobody likes at all. We pray your life gets better and better and that your meowm is able to find some real good work that lasts a long, long time so she can buy you and your brofur the BEST cat food and catio stuff and furniture and toys and stuff. We LOVE mid-century retro, too, whatever you call it...our meowm is a "buff" on all things like that!